Tips: How to Lose Weight Naturally
Losing weight for me is not just about being able to fit into my jeans, it’s also about feeling and looking good and having energy! Sitting at a computer all day drinking cups of tea and eating biscuits, well, just isn’t going to have the desired effect, so now that spring is here in the Northern hemisphere, it’s time to get out some top tips to lose weight naturally.
You may have heard some of these before, but there’s nothing like a bit of a reminder and looking at things from other angles:
1. Make sure you’re hydrated. Drink enough natural spring water (at least 8 glasses a day)
2. Cut down or cut out the sugar and caffeine – The more you eat sugar the more you’ll crave it – substitute that Mars bar at 4 pm with a handful of nuts or a high protein snack.
You can also give yourself an energy a boost by doing this Jin Shin Jyutsu self help hold
3. Another Jin Shin Jyutsu hold: Sit on your hands for 20 minutes a day! Place your right palm face up under your right sitting bone, and your left palm face up under your left sitting bone. This self help hold helps the body stay toned and fit (and if you’re not fit it’ll help!)
4. There are many trends at the moment in terms of when and how to eat. Intermittent fasting is popular but it doesn’t suit everyone. Moreover, if I skip breakfast altogether, then I often end up overeating later on in the day because I am hungry. Find what works for you – ultimately, if you eat less of the ‘wrong’ things (sugar, starch etc) and more of the ‘right’ things (fruits, veg etc) you will lose weight.
5. Another Jin Shin Jyutsu hold: Hold your cheekbones! Place your left hand on your left cheekbone and your right hand on your right cheekbone! Do 20 minutes every day or more while watching TV.
6. Go for an energizing walk around the block every so often.
7. Don’t go shopping when you’re hungry! 🙂
A-Z Index of Projects (symptoms)
Want to learn more about Jin Shin Jyutsu?